Software Engineer Intern
Botlink is an end-to-end drone system with software to plan and automate flights, capture aerial images and sensor data, process raw imagery into high-definition maps, and distribute maps and data to industry-standard software. The Botlink system makes it easy for professionals in industries like agriculture and construction to fly, view, and organize aerial maps of their fields and job sites in one place and export them to industry-standard software to save time and make smarter business decisions to make more money.
Software Engineer Intern
We are currently in search of a Software Engineer intern to design, develop and maintain software for the Botlink system. The successful candidate will also work closely with customers to understand their specific needs as well as offering excellent technical support. Candidates must be able to work in a team-based, fast paced environment, work well under pressure and have the ability to meet deadlines.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Develop and implement new software programs and features
● Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
● Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
● Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
● Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
Knowledge & Skills
Must possess required knowledge and skill set to be able to explain and demonstrate with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
● Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
● Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
● Highly organized with strong attention to detail
● Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
● Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
● Experience with SPA frameworks (React / Angular / Ember / Vue) preferred
● Familiarity with SCSS (or Less) preferred
● Experience testing in JS environment preferred
● Experience deploying with Heroku preferred
Work Experience & Education
● Actively pursuing a degree in Software Engineering with Junior or Senior status
● 15-20 hours per week during the school year. Additional hours during the summer.
Contact & Deadline
Individuals interested in this position should send a Cover Letter and Resume to our Human Resources department directly via email at email@example.com. Note: The company will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Botlink assures equal treatment in the administration of all personnel matters including recruitment, selection, hiring, advancement, training and transfers, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era and other eligible veterans or any other protected class. Botlink also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees where appropriate and/or as required by law.