Software Engineer Manager
Botlink is an end-to-end drone system with software to plan and automate flights, capture aerial images and sensor data, process raw imagery into high-definition maps, and distribute maps and data to industry-standard software. The Botlink system makes it easy for professionals in industries like agriculture and construction to fly, view, and organize aerial maps of their fields and job sites in one place and export them to industry-standard software to save time and make smarter business decisions to make more money.
Software Engineer Manager
The Software Engineer Manager is responsible for supporting the software development team in order to achieve the overall goals of Botlink as a company. The Software Engineer Manager will work with all the teams within the company to understand the needs and deliver product features that fit the company strategy.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Process stakeholder requests in order to build deliverable product and project requirements with the software development team.
● Ensure that the software meets and exceeds customer expectations by developing and implementing best practice processes and procedures.
● Deliver estimates, timelines and updates regarding status of the development cycle.
● Develop and implement new software programs and features.
● Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
● Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
● Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
● Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
● Understand the needs of the software development team in order to enable them to perform at their best.
● Organize requirements, estimates and timelines in order to facilitate reasonable workloads.
● Determine individual capabilities and support programs as necessary to increase overall productivity.
● Facilitate communication and integration with the UI/UX design team throughout the entire development cycle.
● Ensure that the software development team grows to handle future needs.
● Ensure that processes are in place to support current team members.
● Implement onboarding processes for new team members.
Communication and Metrics
● Utilize tools and methodologies in order to quantify the productivity of the software development team as well as the quality of the software that is delivered.
● Continuously work with the entire team to ensure the goals of the software development team are aligned with the business and strategy goals of the company as a whole.
● Ensure that the software development team delivers in a timely manner.
● Continuously communicate with the team and the stakeholders in order to manage expectations on both sides.
● Utilize tools to develop better metrics for estimation and workload capacity.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must possess required knowledge and skill set to be able to explain and demonstrate with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
● Experience managing a team of software developers.
● Effective communication.
● Willingness to learn and collaborate with other teams.
● Experience developing, releasing and maintaining software.
● Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
● Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
Work Experience and Education
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Contact & Deadline:
Individuals interested in this position should send a Cover Letter and Resume to our Human Resources department directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The company will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Botlink assures equal treatment in the administration of all personnel matters including recruitment, selection, hiring, advancement, training and transfers, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era and other eligible veterans or any other protected class. Botlink also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees where appropriate and/or as required by law.